We are pleased to welcome you to the sanctuary. Our team is constantly working to ensure that you enjoy a memorable stay. Animal Sanctuary Laos is committed to respecting people, animals & the environment. To ensure your safety and the safety of the animals, and to ensure that you have a pleasant time at the sanctuary, we ask you to respect a few rules set out in these regulations. These rules apply to all visitors. Individuals or groups who do not respect the rules and regulations will be requested to leave the sanctuary immediately without any compensation.
Animal Sanctuary Laos is open every day, all year long. However, the number of visitors is limited. Your stay can only take place if you have a valid reservation. To book, go to the “visit the sanctuary” tab and select the stay that suits you best among those offered.
2. Access to the sanctuary
It is strictly forbidden to enter the sanctuary without being accompanied by a member of the Animal Sanctuary Laos team. Our sanctuary is not a zoo and the welfare of the animals is our ultimate priority. During your stay, you will be invited to approach the animals during visits and participation in daily tasks. Wild animals can be dangerous (bites, scratches, etc.), especially if you try to touch them or enter their living space. They can be life threatening. This is why it is imperative to respect the safety rules.
3. Respect for animals
Visitors are requested to behave in a way that is compatible with the respect and well-being of the animals. Feeding the animals is strictly prohibited. Each species has a strict diet and any uncontrolled intake can compromise their health. It is forbidden to disturb the animals, to frighten or excite them by gestures or shouting and, in general, to engage in any act likely to harm their physical condition and health. It is forbidden to use camera or telephone flashes in front of the animals or during nocturnal visits.
4. Respect for other individualsVisitors must wear proper clothing (no barefoot, etc.) and behave in a decent manner (no shouting, keep calm, etc.). Smoking is forbidden in the sanctuary park. It is forbidden to pick or damage plants in the park. Please respect the work of the people who take care of the vegetation to provide you with an ideal environment. In order to keep the park clean, please do not throw your rubbish on the ground or in the pens.
5. Safety rulesThe safety of our visitors and residents is our highest priority. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden:
- To enter the sanctuary without being accompanied by a member of the Animal Sanctuary Laos staff.
- To walk out of the visiting aisles, to cross the security barriers or to enter the rooms reserved to professionals. During the entire visit of the sanctuary, children are under the full responsibility of the accompanying adults.
- To pass hands, fingers, sticks or other objects through the bars or fences or throwing objects into the animals’ enclosures.
- To use any kind of sound instrument.
- To bring domestic animals: cats & dogs or any other animal.
- To feed the animals in the park. They receive a balanced diet. Any form of food could cause harm to the animals.
- To swim or bathe in the ponds or water areas.
- To smoke inside the park
6. Personal belongingsThe Sanctuary is not responsible for lost or stolen personal belongings of the visitors. Items brought in by visitors or found by staff are kept for one month. Each individual is responsible for his own actions and belongings. The Sanctuary cannot be held responsible for any theft, damage or attitude that may occur due to the negligence or lack of supervision of the owner. Any object that falls into an enclosure shall be reported to the staff immediately. Insofar as they are recoverable, the objects will either be returned to the person or left at the reception desk where they can be collected.
7. Pictures and/or videosAny picture and/or video taken for commercial use must be expressly authorised by the Sanctuary’s Direction beforehand.
8. Enforcement of the rules and regulationsBy booking a stay, entering the Sanctuary Park or paying the entrance fee, the visitor is considered to have fully accepted these rules. Visitors who violate these rules or who do not respect the orders of the staff shall be requested to leave the sanctuary without compensation. In the event of a repeated offence, they may be temporarily or definitively refused entry to the Sanctuary.
Find your topic
Other topics that may interest you
Animal Sanctuary Laos needs your help and support more than ever. Since the beginning of this crisis in 2019, we have faced all the challenges and continued our work with nature and animals in Laos relentlessly.
Our legal notice details in all transparency all the legal information about our sanctuary in Laos and our association in France. Names of the persons in charge, addresses, company handling the design of the site, customer service, telephone numbers... all the essential information is listed on this page.
We believe in transparency and respect for your rights. All of our terms and conditions of sale, booking conditions and donation conditions are explained in detail on our terms of sale and use page.